How to use a fax machine with international Callback
These instructions also apply to fax modems.
1. Set your fax machine to answer after three rings or set to manual answer.
2. Dial the Access Number (provided by Abacus).
3. Let the phone ring once, then hang up.
4. In 10-15 seconds, you will receive a call back from the Abacus system.
5. Pick up the fax machine receiver and dial your destination number. It should be entered using the following format:
6. When the receiving fax machine answers, press the "Start" button and hang up the receiver.
7. When finished sending the fax, you may press (##) again to send another fax or press (#*) to exit the system.
How to use a modem with international Callback
1. Make sure that your computer is hooked up to the telephone line with a modem.
2. Make sure the modem is NOT set to AUTO ANSWER.
3. Dial the Access Number (provided by Abacus) for your modem's line.
4. Hang up after one ring.
5. When the modem phone rings, answer the telephone manually and leave the handset off the hook.
6. Dial your destination number from your computer. It should be entered using the following format:
7. Connect with your destination following the specific procedures for your communications software.